Friday, March 27, 2015

February 2015.

On the 100th day of school, Carson's grade dressed up like they were 100 years old. Carson really wanted a beard, and luckily the dollar store had some! He looked awesome and got to be on Scobee TV that morning. Everett's grade had to create a collection of 100 things; it could have been anything. Well, Everett decided to cut out 100 paper snowflakes. It took hours! But he stuck with it and made a poster with 100 snowflakes.


 The girls taking care of their babies, putting them to bed one night.


Carson reading to Faye and Everett reading to Isla before bed. Magical!

 Faye is so comfortable around dogs! These three Great Danes at Costco were so nice. 


Valentines Day! It's a lot of fun to create Valentines and boxes with each child. Carson made Lambeau Field for his box. He did pet rocks again for the Valentines, since all the kids in his class this year weren't in his class last year! Everett's box turned into a crocodile/alligator thing, and he chose to give bouncy balls. It took him a long time to write out all the cards! He is very careful with his handwriting and takes his time, so he was up pretty late the night before Valentine's Day. And Miss Faye gave spinning tops. She decorated her box with whatever she wanted.









One beautiful day in February, Faye and I were outside during Isla's nap. I was working on staining Isla's new bed, and Faye decided to take some pictures so I set her up with the camera. She took some pretty picture of the sky and tree branches, lots of her baby, and some of me too.



Everett is often looking for a way to make money. He regularly begs me to let him do a yard sale, so one day I finally said he could do one himself. He sat out there with his pile of castoff toys, and I started to feel nervous that no one was going to buy anything. Some super sweet people did stop, including on older couple who carefully picked out a stuffed animal for fifty cents. Then there was the guy in the big pick up truck who gave him $10, and a neighbor who gave him $20! I should have told him not to accept more than a dollar; I felt bad about those ones! But hey, he made enough to treat us all to Yogurt Zone that night so it all worked out.


Rick built Isla's bed for me, and I made a head board for her to match her sister's. Their room is one of my favorite spaces! I've since added some picture ledges to their walls, so their bedroom is the one completely decorated room in the house. I have a very hard time committing to hanging things on walls!

 Parcheesi is a favorite game around here.


Star of the week at preschool!

The girls usually swaddle their babies; this day they wanted to be swaddles themselves!

 Carson participated in basketball for the first time! This was an eight-and-nine-year-old team, so seven-year-old Carson was definitely the youngest and smallest one on the team. It was good for him to observe some really experienced older boys on the team, and he loved being with good friends Cardon and Kennan. Carson did a great job on defense, and he did score twice in one game! 


Occasionally the girls and I go on a little walk down the trail by our house. Lots of deer!

I offered to take my friend Camilla's kids for President's Day weekend, since Rick was on call and we didn't have anything planned anyway. I would rather be busy taking care of seven little kids than bored and missing my husband!! We had a lot of fun make heart-shaped pizzas for Valentine's Day, going on walks to parks, sleeping in a tent in our empty bedroom, and going to church (by myself with seven kids under eight!)

 I didn't get any great pictures, but here is Amelia being the teacher for their play school.

I also sold a lot of random things on Craigslist. Goodbye colorful dishes!! They were fun, but I was ready for just plain white ones. 

 

1 comment:

Robyn said...

So fun to see what you and your family have been up to! P.S. LOVE your girls room!!!!