Tuesday, December 15, 2009

26.2.

I did complete the marathon!
I did not reach my goal of doing it in 3:40.
I did run it as hard and fast as was physically possible for me that day.
I did not enjoy the cold, and the hilly downtown Charlotte course.
I did experience the miracle of my knee pain (IT band) not being a major problem on race day.
I did have the most dedicated support team of any runner, with my dad and husband biking on either side of me for the last 10 miles of the race.
I did collapse as soon as I crossed the finish line and was taken to the medical tent. Embarrassing!
I am in serious pain right now: my quads and knee are still very sore, the bottoms of my feet feel like one big bruise, and my right big toe one of the most painful things I have ever experienced. (See nasty picture, if you dare.)
I am so glad I trained for this marathon. The four (early!) mornings a week spent running with some of the most wonderful ladies I know were absolutely priceless!
And I am so grateful for two good baby boys and their wonderful grandmother who took care of them all day!

This must have been taken in the very beginning of the race, hence the smiles.

Me and my dad.

The swollen toe that is my nemesis right now.

Robyn, Emily, Page and Ann.

13 comments:

Sarah said...

WOW is all I can say...and WAY TO GO Page! :0)

Kim said...

You're so awesome! I'm so glad everything worked out!

Erika said...

You're amazing. I would never even think to attempt that one! You should be proud of such an accomplishment.

Melissa S. said...

I'm glad you didn't crop out your middle-aged-so-I-won't-be-lonely-running-partner. :) That toe looks so nasty, but honestly, it looks worse in person! BTW- your blog header picture is the BEST EVER! Perfect for a blog and HUGE on the wall too!!!!!

Jewels said...

wow! you are amazing! My goal is to one day run a half, a full marathon is just torture. ;)

JenSwen said...

Congrats! I've been wondering how this went for you. You make me feel lazy!

Jamie said...

You guys are crazy awesome! Congrats!!!

JS Fight said...

Great job!!! I'm so glad you were able to have your miracle and run, baby run!!! Now go eat some cookies to celebrate ; )

mag said...

great job page.... i can never do that

Marge said...

WAY TO GO!! you are awesome!!

sam and brittney said...

Page, I am amazed!! You ran it sooo fast! Please don't do it again because the collasping afterward scares me! You look like a total babe after the race-wow!

Meg said...

Congrats congrats congrats! You are amazing! Fitting in that training with 2 little boys is incredible, Page. Kudos!

Allison said...

Hi Page- I'm one of Brittney's friends from HS (and elementary) and I've been reading your blog. Congratulations on your marathon- that's so awesome! Your boys are really cute too. :)