Sunday, March 15, 2009

We fill gaps.

Until I married Rick-o, I thought Rocky was some strange guy movie that involved way too many sequels, sort of like Land Before Time. (Don't they have seven??) More importantly, I was certain I would never engage in watching any Rocky movie, under any circumstance. During the course of our 2.25 year marriage, Rick has frequently mentioned how nothing fires him up more than watching an inspirational Rocky movie. As a symbol of my boundless support for my husband, I gifted him Rocky VI for Christmas, mostly because it was only $3 on Amazon. A couple of weeks ago, Rick convinced me to watch the movie with him, promising lots of treats and cuddling during the show.

I liked it.

Rocky is really funny. He's hilarious. And nobody ever told me there was a love story! Yes, the movie is even inspirational, although I did close my eyes during the fighting scenes.

Since this discovery, we've watched Rocky I, and last night, half of Rocky II. (We have to keep some sort of bed time here.) We might have to finish Rocky II tomorrow evening just before Rick's intramural team plays in their championship game, in order to have the fired-up juices at their peak.

I would like to share my favorite quote from the Rocky movies so far: Rocky is explaining why he's interested in Adrian, the extremely shy girl who works in the pet shop. He says, "She fills gaps," to which his friend Paulie asks, "What's gaps?" Rocky says, "I dunno...she's got gaps, I got gaps, together we fill gaps."

I like to cook; Rick likes to clean up. I talk and talk; Rick listens. I do puzzles and read to Carson; Rick plays ball and wrestles. I freak out; Rick calms down. I pack huge lunches; Rick eats a ton. I lose my keys, purse, wallet, etc.; Rick always knows where they are.

We fill gaps.

6 comments:

sam and brittney said...

What a sweet post! I love the quote!

Meg said...

I love this! Such a great tribute to your marriage. :)

Erika said...

How sweet is that!

Salem said...

Very very cute...

Marge said...

way too cute! hope you are feeling well. good job gap girl!

Barbaloot said...

Kinda makes me wanna watch the Rocky movies:)