Thursday, August 9, 2012

the ottoman.


I may have a new favorite home-made item in the house. Presenting the ottoman!

I have been wanting to make a tufted ottoman out of an old coffee table for a really long time now. Finally the perfect table came up on Craigslist, and it was time to get to work.

I might post some how-to details, since I used three different tutorials and pulled info from each one, but for now I need to go finish the other two corners! This post is actually helping motivate me to finally tackle that last step.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice job! You are pretty talented.

mackenzie said...

Otto-man? Get it?

I want to learn how to do this stuff!

Paul and Madeline said...

That's beautiful! Good job!

-Madeline

Salem said...

Wow, Page! Way to go...it looks great!

sam and brittney said...

Just caught up on your blog. Love your kids! Wish they could play with mine. We need to chat soon!

Robyn said...

Wow, it looks awesome!

Jamie said...

That looks fabulous! I hope you do post a tutorial, I might make one. Charlie would love to fall off something like that. :)

Jamie said...

You are so talented!! Please post a how to cause this is amazing. And I love the pillows on your sofa too. Your home is looking great and I love your style! Hope you guys are doing well.

Melissa S. said...

You are VERY brave to have a white ottoman. I have to say that I thought it was a play on words like the "Otto-man" or something. :)
I can't believe you made it (yet I can). it looks AMAZING.

Erika said...

I'm very impressed! Looks like a professional job. I just have to say your kids are so cute! Hope all is well.

Jenny said...

Um, Page, you are awesome! I love your creativity. I wish I had some of that.

Lynnie said...

Looks GREAT! I would never have guessed that used to be a coffee table. And don't think the name pun slipped by me for a second. :)