Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hutch Transformation.

I read some interior design/crafty blogs, and I really wish I had talents to re-do furniture and re-decorate rooms and all of that. Well, now that my work has slowed down I am starting to attempt a few projects to improve our home. The few things I have done so far have turned out ok and I've made lots of mistakes, but I figure I'm learning a lot in the process.

Here is my first go at a big project. I bought this table and hutch at a yard sale for $25 about a year ago. (Remember that Saturday morning run, girls?) I painted it and mod-podged scrapbook paper to it to create new storage for the toys in our playroom.

I didn't have a good "before" photo, but it was black.

I seriously love that the boys can't reach all their toys now; makes it a lot easier to keep things tidy.



5 comments:

Kim said...

Nice job Page! It looks really cute. I keep seeing people doing this to furniture too and I always want to try. I bought my first little table a few weeks ago at a garage sell for $3.. I hope my turns out as cute as yours.

Melissa S. said...

It turned out AWESOME!!!! I'm super impressed, and yes that is a BIG project! Isn't it soooo nice when the kids can't reach all their toys? :) Talk about a world of difference!

Ty & Andi said...

Melissa told me you had a bunch of great wood projects, so, I HAD to check them out! I can't wait to see the bed she told me about...I LOVE refinished furntiture...and directing Ty on how to make new furniture for really cheap too...This hutch is AWESOME!
We missed you guys yesterday...

Kelsey said...

This is awesome, Page! I am inspired. This weekend I am going garage sale-ing to see if I can find a fixer upper!

Emily Evans said...

I love it! Great job Page. Now, do you want to help me with my kitchen cupboards?