Sunday, June 13, 2010

The way we play.

Just a few notes on some favorite toys and what our boys have been up to during play time.

DSC07494
"Timmy" (courtesy of Grandma GJ) would have to be Carson's favorite right now. He's a magnetic doll that dresses up in different, magnetic outfits (firefighter, doctor, etc.) Each little piece fits into a puzzle. Carson spends quite a bit of time with Timmy. Today he brought me a blanket, all wadded up in a ball, and excitedly told me to unwrap my present. Inside the blanket was Timmy with all his outfits.

DSC07513
I think all little boys line up cars. Here Carson is on the piano, but Everett is the one who is usually wanting to be up banging on the keys.

DSC07569
Everett is absolutely crazy about BALLS. He will do anything to get to a ball. Here he climbed under the exersaucer to retrieve the football. If Everett sees a tomato, he nearly jumps out of my arms to get the "ball." If I'm wearing a shirt that has circles on it, all day long he is pointing to my shirt and excitedly repeating, "ball! ball!" He picks the peas off his plate at dinner and says, "BALL!" He has been playing baby catch for several months now, and is getting pretty good at actually throwing the ball.

DSC07520
If I had the time, I think Carson would be content to have me read to him all day long. Right now his favorites are Bernstein Bears and Clifford books. When it's a book we've read a few times, it's fun to read half the sentence, and he can nearly always fill in the other half. A great deal of Carson's verbal communication during the day is him quoting books. Last night he suddenly exclaimed, "Oh! I forgot about my cream puffs!" (Amelia Bedelia.)

DSC07557
Any sort of medical instruments are definitely a favorite. Most evenings that Rick his home, he is dragged by Carson over to the floor so Rick can do an exam on him. When Carson is playing doctor and you're the patient, he'll ask you questions like, "Do you have any pain?" And he'll tell you to turn around so he can listen to your lungs with his stethoscope.

DSC07309DSC07460
Carson loves it when he gets to go on special outings with Dad. Here he and Pip Squeak (his perpetual doggie companion) are at a campout, and then Carson and Dad are ready to go play some b-ball.

DSC07344DSC07343
Play dough is only a favorite when mom helps shape the dough into fun things to play with. Carson named this lovely little creation Reagan. Then he asked for me to make Reagan a motorcycle.

DSC07187
And our boys are getting more and more into coloring and drawing. This picture of Everett was taken a month ago; he has changed so much already! I am impressed with how long Ev will sit and scribble. And Carson likes to try and trace some letters that I draw out for him.

We love our playful boys!

5 comments:

reggstyl said...

How did Carson know that I've always wanted a motorcycle?

Meg said...

I find myself having to read captions carefully to know which one is Carson and which is Ev more and more... they are no longer "little boy" and "baby boy"... but 2 little boys!

Salem said...

I remember wanting so badly for Ryder to sit and draw/write...now he'll do it for hours! And we LOVE reading...many times at dinner we quote, "try it, try it and you may, try it and you may I say!" (Green Eggs & Ham). And I totally remember when Ryder would wrap "presents" up in his blankie and bring them to me!!!

Joleen said...

I laughed my way through this post. "Oh! I forgot about my cream puffs!" It just is too cute for words. And how much those boys love their Dad. You're a great Mom, Page.

Lindsi said...

"I forgot about my creampuffs!" That is my favorite quote of the day! I'm writing it in my quote book for sure. It won't say Ameilia Bedilia next to it though, it will say Carson Otto. Love it!