Thursday, August 28, 2008

Happy Nie Nie Day

I am one of the many people who has never met Stephanie in person but became deeply affected by her beautiful life. It was actually on a day that I was feeling pretty sorry for myself that I read about her accident. After perusing her blog and realizing what an amazing person she is, I immediately made some changes in my attitude about being a mother. It's still very hard for me sometimes to watch Rick go off on his great medical school adventure, while I feel stuck here at home with an endless to-do list of monotonous chores. But Stephanie's example gives me the hope that I can love what I am doing.

So, happy Nie Nie Day! You can read about it here.

P.S. Rick did well on his test! 89; exactly the class average. Woo hoo!!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Hi Page-thanks for your comments on my blog-they were so good to hear. I enjoyed checking out your blog-you have a cute little boy, and I especially liked looking at your pics from Cambodia. What a neat experience. I'm curious what med. school your husband is attending. I've been looking into some, and I'm wondering how you like where you're at. As for the medical transcription, I'm taking an online course at www.careerstep.com which is based in Springville, UT. It's a great company with great reviews and a high success rate. I've really been enjoying it, and it's fun to learn about something that is related to what my husband will be doing. It's been going well and I hope to finish in the next couple months. I hope that helps you! Let me know if you have any other questions. Ü

Erika said...

PS-What did your husband get on the MCAT? Just curious. My hubby will be taking the test this coming spring. Any tips or words of advice? Oh, I love your house! Talk about cute!