Thursday, November 10, 2011

Grateful.


I was going to follow the trend and post something I'm grateful for every day in November, but obviously I'm a little late to begin. Tonight I am feeling particularly thankful for a friend's visit and wanted to at least record this one.

Everett has been quite the challenge lately. I'm not sure where to begin as I think about his behavior changes, but this little boy is having a hard time for some reason. He wakes up crying at night and during naps, scared of things I can't see. He cries when I leave him at the church nursery or in the childcare at the gym. Sometimes he cries if I leave the room and he's feeling particularly scared. I can't even remember what set him off this afternoon, but the crying and screaming lasted for about two hours, no matter what I tried to do for him. I had to resort to locking him in his room so I could at least have a few minutes without him in order to nurse Faye and put her to bed. And wrestling a very upset Everett into pajamas and brushing his teeth is a downright miserable job. This has been going on for nearly a week now, and I'm feeling quite worried about my cute boy.

So tonight just after I got everyone to bed and was about to start on the dishes, I was so grateful when I good friend came over to chat while she did some sewing. I really believe that my Heavenly Father knew that I needed that. I don't think I could stand another night alone with only my Everett worries to keep me company. So tonight I am grateful for a God who is aware of my needs, and for really good friends who uplift and inspire. Now if only I could figure out what Everett needs!

2 comments:

Melissa S. said...

Let me guess........Etta?!?!? She's ALWAYS so considerate!

sam and brittney said...

I'm sure it is just a phase. Just give him some extra lovin!