Monday, January 16, 2012

Funny kids.

Carson during his afternoon "quiet time." He often listens to a book on CD in this position.

We have been having daily dance parties in the playroom. Pandora's "Toddler Radio" is great.

Faye has taken to riding in her doll stroller instead of pushing it lately. She has also been stealing all my necklaces, putting them on, and wearing them around all day. She has also been making lots of friends at church: she tackles, hits and bites other babies and children.

We read the cutest book called, "The Gingerbread Girl." (SPOILER!! She is smarter than her brother, the Gingerbread Boy, and outsmarts the fox.) So somehow these two talked me into making gingerbread people and decorating them. At least I had leftover icing from Christmas.

While we decorated I kept pretending the gingerbread girl was trying to run away and I was holding her back. Carson's too smart for me, but I think Everett was trying to decide if it was for real.

Lovely girls!
Sometimes Everett just doesn't want to go to bed yet. (He takes a great afternoon nap, so I don't really blame him for not being tired at 7 yet.) So he gets to choose to sit here in the time out spot or to lay in bed. Lately he's been sitting here for several minutes, entertaining us with songs and chatter until he decides he's ready for bed. I sort of love it. (I also LOVE Faye's new/old high chair that she can't stand up in!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome kids! they're so cute & adorable.