Monday, January 9, 2012

These three.


It's funny how in a matter of minutes I can go from feeling like my kids are the most wonderful things in the world to wondering why anyone ever describes children as sweet and innocent. I go from snuggling a sweet Everett to recovering from another Faye smack-in-the-face. I go from watching them adoringly as they participate in library storytime to the frustration of getting out of the library without tearing every book off the shelf. We go from playing/wrestling on the floor to everyone's crying and injured. I go from feeling confident in their progression to wondering if they will ever be truly kind to each other.

This mothering business is a crazy job! The wonderful thing is that they go to bed hours before I do. I can filter out the bad of the day and remember the good. I can pray that I will be a better, more loving mother tomorrow. I can sit and record their little lives in pictures and words and feel so blessed that I have three little people to love. They are good children after all.


(P.S. I do not scrapbook. But with a Groupon about to expire, I have been dedicating HOURS every day to making Faye's first year book on Mixbook. It's going to be awesome, but I cannot believe how many hours I am spending on this!! I feel like I haven't participated in real life for days. I think I can get it done by the end of the week. See you then, real-life people.)

4 comments:

Salem said...

I know exactly what you mean. ;) I know there will be different challenges in several years, but sometimes when I'm having a "hard moment" I let myself get really excited about sitting at one of my children's sports games with no babies to distract me. Won't that be fun?!?
And no, I don't make my kids hats. Well, I've made a couple I guess. Mostly I just buy a few every year at the end of the season for cheap for the next year. Sometimes I get carried away with buying cute accessories, because they're what I can afford. ;)
And I miss you too! We NEED to see eachother somehow before beach 2013!!!

Davis and Laura said...

Ha! Just so you know...you are not alone in this! :) I feel the same way everyday...but gosh, they are just so cute you gotta love em to bits! :)

Jamie said...

I really needed to read this today! Good timing. I want to see your Mixbook when its done, too. :)

Emma and Dan said...

This post is perfect! I feel this way all the time.

I totally agree with part about losing days of your life on mixbook/picaboo/whatever. You won't regret it though. I used a groupon to make a book about our trip to Disney World and it took about 3 full days of me more or less ignoring my kids, but we all LOVE looking at that book. :)