Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Powerful Baby

“When God wants a great work done in the world or a great wrong righted, he goes about it in a very unusual way.

He doesn’t stir up his earthquakes or send forth his thunderbolts. Instead, he has a helpless baby born, perhaps in a simple home and of some obscure mother.

And then God puts the idea into the mother’s heart, and she puts it into the baby’s mind. And then God waits.

The greatest forces in the world are not the earthquakes and the thunderbolts. The greatest forces in the world are babies.”

-E.T. Sullivan, quoted by President Hinckley


Carson, what will you do?

4 comments:

Salem said...

What a neat quote...I couldn't agree with it more! I am amazed every day at what a miracle Ryder is. He learns so many things...and teaches ME so many things! I am such a better person because of him...and I just hope and pray that he will only continue to be as amazing as he grows. Where was the blog with Ellery and Bennett?? I want to see them! Thanks for a great post...I'm getting excited to be able to see little Carson!

JAMIE said...

I love that quote--i wrote it in an old post of mine...i think it needs to resurface though!

JenSwen said...

Good thoughts. It's fun to wonder what your baby will be like when they grow up - not just if they will accomplish something great, but what kinds of things they will enjoy doing, what kind of person they will marry, etc. We as parents are lucky because we get to see their personality emerging slowly over many years.

the gregory's said...

Ok that is so crazy we are almost like twins!!! I also just chopped off my hair recently, so chalk another point up for us to being like the same!! Good luck deciding on med schools, I can't even imagine!!! I'm putting you on my buddies list so I can keep in touch! So glad you found us!