Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 16: painting!



Finally! I have been meaning to do this for months. A while ago I got reallllly tired of my "gallery wall" that I had put up when we first moved here. So I took it all down. And then I was left with a wall full of big chunks of paint and wall that had come off with those lovely 3M picture hanger things. It really wasn't hard to fix; I just had to motivate myself to go get the paint color matched, caulk the holes, etc. So today I took most everything down off the walls in my living room and caulked and painted away.

I will admit, after looking at my bare walls I have spent hours today dreaming up new ways to decorate. I have to keep repeating to myself, "you are moving in less than a year. You are moving in less than a year." My taste in design has changed a lot since first putting this house together, and how I would love to start over! But I will try to enjoy the simpleness of blank walls for now.

Lovely self timer shot before I attacked the wall. I've got to move fast when I get a few minutes without kids!


2 comments:

mackenzie said...

you are cute.

Joleen said...

Yeah...those hooks aren't great on walls, but on smooth doors they're great! Hope they work out okay for your closet.